As we all work together to care for each other during this difficult time, this site is designed specifically to help you:
DONATE food and supplies
GIVE to local nonprofits
Follow us @gwinnettcares.org for other resources and news!
Current Critical Needs
1. DONATIONS OF FOOD & SUPPLIES
Our community has a tremendous network of cooperative ministries and other non-profit organizations that distribute food, clothing, and critical resources to people in immediate need. We are relying heavily on their existing infrastructure and support networks to provide basic needs to families in crisis. The demand for their services is growing exponentially as the pandemic lingers. We need everyone’s help to keep their shelves full of the key resources they need to care for our community through COVID-19.
- Peanut Butter & Jelly
- Laundry Detergent
- Dish Soap
- Canned Beans (not Green Beans)
- Any Canned Meats (Tuna/Chicken/Spam)
- Canned Pasta
- White Rice
- Taco Kits
- Canned Fruit
- Diapers, Wipes & Baby Hygiene Items
We ask that you NOT go directly to our non-profit service sites to drop off donations. They need to stay focused on serving their clients and ensure they are compliant with social distancing best practices. We have established donation collection sites around the county where food donations will be received, logged, sorted, boxed and then delivered to our non-profit organizations on demand.
Current drop off locations include:
- 12Stone Church Bethlehem – Mon-Fri -1354 Duncan Lane, Auburn 30011
- 12Stone Church Braselton – Mon-Fri – 2675 Old Winder Highway, Braselton 30517
- 12Stone Church Buford – Mon-Fri – 2565 Buford Hwy NE, Buford 30518
- 12Stone Church Flowery Branch – Mon-Fri – 4256 Martin Road, Flowery Branch 30542
- 12Stone Church Lawrenceville – Mon-Fri – 1322 Buford Drive, Lawrenceville 30043
- 12Stone Church Snellville – Mon-Fri – 1709 Scenic Highway S, Snellville 30078
- 12Stone Church Sugarloaf – Mon-Fri – 2050 Sugarloaf Circle, Duluth 30097
- Christ the King – Tuesdays 12-4 pm – 258 Rabbit Hill Rd, Dacula 30019
- First United Methodist Church of Lawrenceville – Tues 10-2 pm – 395 W Crogan St, Lawrenceville 30046
- Gwinnett Church Sugar Hill – Sun-Thurs anytime – 300 Peachtree Industrial Blvd, Sugar Hill 30518
- Hebron Baptist Church – 24/7 – Outside Building C – 202 Hebron Church Rd, Dacula, GA 30019
PROVIDE SNACKS & MEALS FOR OUR HEALTHCARE WORKERS
Our healthcare heroes on the front lines are crazy busy and running on fumes, so one way we can help take care of them is provide snacks and meals for them to grab and go on their long shifts. If you’d be willing to buy some pre-packaged, individual-size snacks (i.e. protein bars, granola, crackers, cookies, chips, chocolates, etc.) or order up a meal for delivery from a local restaurant, coordinate with these contacts:
- Eastside Medical Center – Hope Moeck – Hope.Moeck@hcahealthcare.com
- Good Samaritan Health Center – Greg Lang – 404-863-2275 – email@example.com
- Gwinnett Health Department – Samantha Scoggins – 770-295-8058 – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Kaiser Permanente – Gary Stout – email@example.com
- Northside Hospital Gwinnett/Duluth – coordinate snack deliveries with Allison Hamlet (770-722-7549 or Allison.Hamlet@northside.com) – order meals via The Meal Bridge platform
- View Point Health – Tiffany Deeds – 470-345-5766 – firstname.lastname@example.org
We are relying upon Gwinnett County’s Volunteer Gwinnett online network to connect those able and willing to volunteer with opportunities around the community. Our goal is to establish a bank of volunteers we can call upon when needed. Although we can’t promise that everyone who signs up will have an immediate opportunity to serve, we do know that many volunteers will be needed in various capacities in the days ahead! Register to help below.
3. RELIEF & RECOVERY FUNDS
Relief and recovery funds are greatly needed all across our community as we actively work to care for individuals and families in crisis. Here are a few great ways to lend your support.
OPTION 1: Give directly to your favorite charities to expand their capacity and impact as they respond to the growing needs in our community.
OPTION 2: The Community Foundation for Northeast Georgia has established a collective Coronavirus Relief Fund that will give us the opportunity to infuse resources quickly when our local non-profits become overwhelmed. The Community Foundation has exceptional knowledge of where, when and how resources are most needed and best distributed for the greatest local impact.
OPTION 3: If you want to give regionally, United Way of Greater Atlanta and The Community Foundation of Greater Atlanta have established the Greater Atlanta COVID-10 Response & Recovery Fund.
The needs in our community will shift and change often in the weeks ahead, so please check back often to see, in real-time, where and how you can help.
ARE YOU SYMPTOMATIC AND NEED A COVID-19 TEST? Learn more here or call 770-513-5631.
NEED FOOD & HOUSEHOLD SUPPLIES? Go online to FoodFinder.us (or download the mobile apps: iPhone and Android) to locate food providers nearest you. To connect to a local Cooperative Ministry, click here. To learn about Gwinnett County’s Summer Meals Program, click here.
NEED CHILDCARE? All essential employees required to work through COVID-19 should contact their local YMCA about available childcare services. Search here for a YMCA near you. Others should call 877-ALL-GA-KIDS or visit QualityRated.org
NEED TRANSPORTATION? Lyft is offering rides to those with essential transportation needs – especially families and children, low-income seniors, doctors and nurses. Visit lyft.com/lyftup to read about their LyftUp Initiative.
NEED WIFI ACCESS FOR SCHOOL OR WORK? Click here.
AT RISK FOR EVICTION FROM AN EXTENDED-STAY HOTEL/MOTEL OR EXPERIENCING AN EPISODE OF HOMELESSNESS? Request assistance here.
ARE YOU A VETERAN NEEDING HELP? Click here
LOST YOUR HEALTH/DENTAL INSURANCE BUT NEED CARE? Click here
HAVING TROUBLE GETTING YOUR PRESCRIPTIONS? Learn about Good Pill.
KNOW SOMEONE STRUGGLING WITH ADDITION DURING ISOLATION? Contact Navigate Recovery
HAVE OTHER NEEDS? CALL OUR LOCAL HELPLINES:
- Gwinnett Helpline: 770-995-3339
- United Way Helpline: Dial 211 or text your zip code and need to 898-211 (available 24/7/365 in 140 languages
ARE YOU A NONPROFIT SEEKING GRANT OPPORTUNITIES? Click here
BETTER UNDERSTAND COVID-19: – Watch This Video (available in 16 languages)
FOR INSTRUCTIONS ON HOW TO MAKE A FACE COVERING (Sewn or No-Sew Options) Click here
LEARN MORE ABOUT OUR EFFORTS – LISTEN TO THE “GWINNETT CARES” PODCAST